Hairiyakhandi Sapta Sati
by Vishnu Datta Mishra (Shastriji)
This is the Hairiyakhandi Sapta Sati,
700 Names of the Divine Mother written
in exquisite prayer by Shastriji,
Shri Vishnu Datta Mishra.
These verses are posted here for the benefit of all.
For a downloadable PDF of the Sapta Sati, click here.
Photo by Emam.
PREFACE TO THE ENGLISH EDITION
" 'Awake! Arise! Go to the wise and seek to learn from them.' In His later addresses Sri Babaji often quoted these lines from the Vedas, without the devotees realizing how soon such a situation might present itself. Sri Mahaprabhuji, the Great Lord - as Babaji was known to those near Him - was everything the seeker of the divine, of truth, of a fully incarnated living presence of supreme spiritual and practical wisdom, could hope to find within a lifetime.
"When Shri Babaji left His body in February 1984, there was the heritage of his spoken word as well as the grace of wisdom of those few whom he had kept really close.
"Shri Shastriji was such a person. He had said of himself that he 'followed Babaji like a shadow,' accompanying Him on his many journeys through India in his function as chief priest, celebrating the ancient Vedic ritual of the Yajna, fire offering, in hundreds of places.
"Shri Shastriji was a prolific writer, Sanskrit scholar of repute and was one of Mahendra Baba's closest disciples, who already two decades earlier had prophesied Babaji's incarnation as the Lord of Lords and world-teacher. During his discipleship with Mahendra Baba, Shastriji had received a profound preparation to recognize and serve the Lord in His thirteen-year sojourn on earth. In fact, he had written most of his works in mantric verse on Hairakhan Baba many years before His physical appearance in 1970.
"When asked, Shastriji emphasizes that whatever he has written was 'by the grace of my master and by direct inspiration of the Lord Himself... I am merely a writing instrument.'
"Whenever Babaji gave His short, informal talks at His ashram in Hairakhan, at the Himalayan foothills, Shastriji would be asked by Him to repeat His every word before they were translated into English. Shastriji was the mouthpiece of Him whose coming he had helped to prepare with his writings, and when He had come, Shastriji was the one who put across through the spoken word, to the many thousands who came, the timeless wisdom of the sanatana dharma.
"Babaji would often mention the power of mantras, encouraging many to learn Sanskrit which, He said, would before long regain its original importance as the language of prayer.
"All souls come from Brahman, the Absolute Being, to which, eventually, they return. In this context the sanatana dharma teaches that the soul, in the course of its evolution, takes birth in countless species and is pushed forward by the force of desire, which is at the root of its evolutionary pattern.
"These desires may be on a divine or causal, mental or subtle and gross, material level. On all levels, unfulfilled desires and events determine the pattern of individual life and the course of history. To fulfill these desires, as the root of all attachment, to remove the obstacles which fetter the soul on its journey through endless life to cure the physical, mental-emotional and spiritual sufferings, God's or the gods' help is sought. It is, however, only the highest consciousness, visualized as the supreme godhead that can disentangle the knot of cause and effect and give liberation.
"Above all the gods who come and go in the consciousness of man through the rise and fall of civilization, in the abode of infinite space, in absolute peace where time is no more,
there resides the Great Mother of all creation, one with Her Lord, the Supreme Spirit,
Sambasadashiva Eternal Lord Shiva one with the Goddess Mother Amba.
To Her/Him are dedicated the verses of this book.
"The Great Goddess, matrix and creatrix of all that is, takes as many forms, or aspects of manifestation, as the human mind can conceive
Within and without, it is always She who weaves the patterns of all life, as the divine force behind everything perceived by the senses.
"It is in Her honor and to glorify Her many names who - in Sanskrit - are her substance, that this work has been written:
'I am Her who resides in the Lotus of the Lord's Heart.'
"May our prayers to the indwelling life-force in all that is keep us close to Her/Him who is mother, father, brother, and best friend, all knowledge and riches - who is all."
Photo by Emam.
The Appearance of the Divine Mother of Hairakhan
an account by Vishnu Datta Mishra (Shastriji)
On May 25th, 1969, one month before the most worshipful divine Master Mahendra Maharaja left his body, he called me to Vrindavan by sending two telegrams to my home in Rajgarh, Rajasthan. These were his words when we met: "Brother Vishnu, if the Lord should appear during my absence, then this mantra will help you to recognize Him. As far as I know, this mantra is known only to the Lord and to no one else. It is mahamantra and was given to me by the Lord Himself at Siddhashram: it comes from His own divine lips
and is a priceless jewel for many lives."
As he spoke to me, the most worshipful divine master smiled and touched my head three times with his lotus hand.
When, in February, 1971, Sri Hairakhan Bhagavan came to Samba Sada Shiva Kunja, Vrindavan, I was overcome, when I heard, word for word, the same mantra from the Lord's own lips. My heart was filled with joy and my soul was immersed in a sea of bliss; my body felt elated, my voice failed me. Then the conviction dawned in me that He is the Ultimate Absolute Divine, worshipped by our most beloved divine Master, that immortal Being of the beginning of time, indestructible, beyond vision, the Lord Narayana, who resides in Hairakhan.
That same morning at Samba Sada Shiva Kunja I met an old friend of mine, Shri Vora of Bombay who is a devotee of Mahendra Maharaja. As soon as we met he said to me,
"Shastriji, a few days ago I had a divine dream: a young maiden of very fair complexion appeared to me: Her hair fell over the back of her shoulders, Her forehead was luminous, Her eyes very large. When I asked her: 'Who are You?', she replied: "I am Hairakhandeshvari" but when I asked further, She only said: 'Search for Me!'"
Having told me this episode, my friend asked me: "Can you tell me something about Hairakhandeshvari?" Immediately I took out my manuscript of the "Sri Hairakhandeshvari Sapta Sati" from my bag and said to him: "These are seven hundred verses I have written in praise of the Divine Mother of Hairakhan. When I presented them to our divine Master, he put the book on his head and started to dance, saying 'I am only a crow and do not deserve this beautiful script; when the swan will come, within your lifetime, then give it to Him.' Today his blessing and instruction are going to be fulfilled, when I will show this book to Lord Hairakhan."
When he saw my manuscript and getting in this way such an immediate reply to his question, Mr. Vora was overjoyed. The Lord Himself then had a painting of the Divine Mother made by Mr. K.D. Tripati of Vrindavan, directing every detail of its execution.
The events related above are the grace of the Supreme Goddess, the Divine Mother of Hairakhan and the manifested miracle of the divine incarnations of Lord Siva, in the Lord of Hairakhan.
OM NAMAH SHIVAY
He who is adorned with all the divine perfections; the ultimate Being, who gives all; the Supreme Yogi; the Swan of Knowledge, who lives in the heart of the knowing; the Supreme Teacher of the Art of Yoga; the Lord of the Universe, whose sanctuary is Kashi (Benares); the Lord who dwells in the sacred cave of Mt. Kailasha, the King of Sages, the Lord of Hairakhan gives HIS Blessings and says:
"The Great Power that is the cosmic Maya, the Supreme Divine Energy, the Mother Goddess of Hairakhan embodies the totality of all that is to be known (the ten mahavidyas), being the combined divine Grace-Energy of the Goddess Mahakali, Mahalakshmi, and Mahasarasvati. To worship the lotus feet of the Universal Goddess in this form gives human life its highest realization.
"The publication of the Shri Hairakhandeshvari Sapta Shati is a great blessing and boon as it facilitates Her worship:
every word of this great prayer is a divine mantra.
Reading and reciting it cures incurable diseases, rids the mind of worries and solves all problems while the aspirant on the spiritual path attains the divine perfection he desires:
prosperity in life, worldly happiness and spiritual peace.
"These divinely inspired prayers are written for the Divine Energy which resides in My heart; they are being published for the benefit of the world. For those who speak Hindi, there is appended a translation of these verses (see printed book for hindi).
Appended is also the Shri Mahabhairava Stotra and its Hindi translation;
its recitation will give the same results.
"Believers all on the path to God, come and worship the Divine Mother
with these great verses.
"Receive happiness, prosperity, and peace. Allow these prayers to make you happy.
This is My wish and Blessing for you."
(Taken down according to the dictated instruction of BABAJI.)
The Author of the Hairiyakhandi Sapta Sati:
Vishnu Datta Mishra, Shastriji.
Babaji often called him "the purest man on Earth."
Photo by Emam.
Shastriji with Hairakhan Mahavatar Babaji.
More information about Shastriji can be found
For a complete guide to pronunciation, it is best to buy the book itself.
In it are special characters to show specific pronunciation as well as each Sanskrit word and its accompanying English translation.
This divine text can be found at Hairakhan Vishwa Mahadham, Babaji's main ashram in Uttarakhand, India and at the many sister ashrams around the world.
It can be ordered directly from
Haidakhandi Universal Ashram
in Crestone, CO USA.
SHRI HAIRIYAKHANDI SAPTASHATI
OM NAMO BHAGAVATE MAHAMUNINDRAYA
Om I bow to the Great Lord of Sages
Shri siddha siddheshvara shricaranashrita
shri munindra mahendradevanam.
This script I offer into the lotus-hands of Shri Mahendra
The King of Munis who has taken shelter
At his beloved Master's lotus feet,
The royal ruler of all sages, Hairakhandi.
More information on Shri Mahendra can be found here.
1. Hairakhandaviharisadguru kripadharam jagatpavanim
twam vai namasudham-sudhadharakari samplavitam varshasi.
Dhanyah shricharanashritasya bhavatastrailokyatriptivratash-
chaturvargika triptidanarasiko konyo mahendradrite.
1. We greet you Mahendra. On you is always
the Grace of Satguru Hairakhandvihari.
Cleansing streams are unleashed by your grace
to submerge the world with the Nectar of the name.
Who other than you could have taken the vow
to grant to all the fourfold fulfillment,
of wealth, enjoyments, perpetual law, and deliverance?
2. Chaitanyamritachandrasannibhamajam bhakteshtasiddhipradam
varshantam nijanetradidhitisudham snigdhaih kripavikshanaih.
Ye dhyayanti hridi sthitam tava vibho rupam param bhasvaram
te vindanti shivam shivasya sharanam sarvapadam shamakam.
2. Your image resembles the rising moon above the ocean of blissful awareness,
Eternal and always fulfilling the wishes of all your devotees.
The compassionate glance of your luminous eyes
is radiating with sweetest affection.
Those who remember your brilliant, shining appearance
deep in the core of their hearts,
they will attain liberation and Shiva's protection
and all their misfortunes will come to an end.
3. Twam nityameva sarasam nijacatakebhyo
tranam karoshi satatam bhavabhitiharin.
3. Just as the rainbird thrives on the water of raindrops alone
so your devotees are drinking the shower of your blessing's sweet nectar.
Quelling the fire of worldly afflictions,
extinguishing the conflagration of mundane existence,
you always protect them dispelling their fears.
4. Shrunvantu shrantah dukhadainyatapta-
4. Listen, O travelers, tired, grief stricken and poor,
tormented with burning thirst here in this journey of life, loaded with fears,
take hold of the vessel of Yogi Mahendra's protection
which ferries you safely across the deep ocean of life.
5. Samashritam yairdridhanishchayena te nirbhayah vitasamastachintah.
Samsarayatramanuvartayanto bhavambudheh paramanuprapannah.
5. Those seekers who, firmly determined, hold onto that boat,
continue their journey through this transient ocean of life
free of fear and worries and finally reach the other shore.
6. Konyo dayalushcha - anathanathah kostiha loke sabalah sanathah.
Dayavataro dalitartabandhuhyadrik sharanyosti mahendranathah.
6. Who else is as merciful as our Protector,
all powerful Lord of orphans, Shri Muni Mahendra?
He is the embodiment of compassion,
brother as well as refuge of the aggrieved.
7. Shri manmahendra mamararchitapadapadmam
7. Mightly Mahendra, even the Gods worship your lotus feet.
The way a honeybee would hum round a flower,
You play around the lotus feet of the Supreme Master.
Out of the churned ocean of nectar
You are arising like the graceful moon,
to quell the forest fire of the world's afflictions.
8. Natosmi te natha padararvindam
Surarchitam chandranakhaih sujushtam
8. O Lord, you remove all the sorrows of your devotees.
Ocean of Purest Devotion, prostrations to you.
Even the Gods worship your lotus-feet's toenails shining like moonlight.
High Master you are worshiped by sentient and insentient beings.
9. Charanashritasya charanambujarenubhaktim
Bhagavan prayaccha shiva haidakakhanavasin
yadi te kripamritakanasya bhavami patram.
9. Gracious Shiva, Lord of Hairakhan,
if ever I am worthy of a drop of Your mercy's nectar,
please grant me devotion to the dust on Shri Charanashrita's lotus-feet.
Allow me to serve the lowliest servant of his lotus-feet.
10. Shrimato haidiyakhandeh shivasya charanashritah.
Ashritan rakshatacchashvat shrimahendrah sanatanah.
10. Eternal Mahendra, forever protect your disciples,
You who have taken shelter at the lotus-like feet of Sambasadashiva Hairakhandi.
11. Shimanmunindra dayitam, dayitam mahendram
Premna pranamya grathita "shatasaptamala" ratnavaliva hridaye samalamkarotu.
11. Shri Mahendra you hum like a heavenly bee
about the lotus of your beloved Sadguru's feet.
To you I bow with deep love and I offer
this garland of seven hundred Names.
May they bedeck forever your heart as a necklace of jewels.
Amba anandarupa cha atma ahladadayini
Aparakarunabhavam parambam nityam namamyaham.
O Mother of Bliss, You fill me with supreme joy,
Your mercy is boundless, Mother, forever I bow to Thee.
SHRI HAIRAKHANDAVIHARINE NAMAH
I bow to the Divine Mother of Hairakhan.
lubdham madhuvratavratayitam antaralam.
O Immortal Mahendra, Divine Incarnation.
Your lotus-like feet are worshipped by even the greatest of sages.
Prostrations I offer to you.
Just as the bees are eager to drink the sweet pollen of flowers,
So in the core of your heart
You long for the fragrance of Shriman Munindra's lotus-like feet.
1. Yasya kripavikshanaleshatopi
vani svayam dhavati nrityativa.
Vidyah samastah yamanuvrajanti
tasmai namah shricharanashritaya.
1. By whose mere glance
the words seem to dance
by themselves on the tongue,
revealing the throng of all knowledge.
to Him, Sri Charanashrit, I bow.
2. Surah yogishvarah siddhah sarve mangalakankshinah
2. Gods, Masters of Yoga, and all the Great Saints
pray for Your blessings by praising Your holiness,
Ambika Mother with manifold Names.
3. Hairakhandeshvari devi sadgurorhridayasthita.
Abhishtasiddhida durga, sarvadevanamaskrita.
3. O Hairakhandeshvari Devi
Your abode is the Supreme Master's heart
O Durga, Fulfiller of all cherished Desires
the Devas sing always Your praise.
All pictures of the Hairakhandeshwari murti at
Haidakhandi Universal Ashram in Crestone, Colorado by JD Marston.
4. Hairakhandaguhasinam paramesthigurum shivam.
Natva devaganah sarve upatasthurathambikam.
4. Having paid obeisance to the Highest Lord Shiva
residing in Hairakhan's cave,
the Devas, assembled, started their prayers
to Ambika, Mother Divine.
5. Uchurdevaganah sarve jayasva jagadambike.
Prasida parameshani, prayaccha sukhasampadah.
5. All the Gods assembled addressed Her thus; Mother of the world
be pleased. Greatest Mistress give happiness and prosperity.
Shristragdhara - Devastavah
6. Hairakhandeh shivasya twamasi shrutinuta shaktirugra karala
bhaktanam vyadhimadhim prashamaya shivade bibhrati mandahasam.
Mohadhvante madiye hridi vasa niyatam bhasvara jnanamurtir
bhaktim dehishvari twam nijapadakamale bhavapurnam manojnam.
6. Praised by the Vedas as the awesome and terrible power of Shiv Hairakhandi,
Sweet smiling, You free Your devotees of their mental and physical torment.
My heart, obscured by untruth, is longing for You.
O Beautiful Mother, Resplendent with Knowledge,
give me the light of love and devotion for Your lotus feet.
7. Yoginam yogamaya twamasi dhanavatam shrih svayam vishwabhartri
hartri mohandhakaram nijakharakiranairjnaninam sharada twam.
Mahendri twam manojna nijajanajayada shakti raudratwameva
Hairakhandeshvari twam sakalasuranute devi matarprasida.
7. You are the Power of Yogis and Lakshmi Herself,
giver of Wealth to the Wealthy, Sustaining the World.
Your Bright Shining Rays destroy the night of ignorance
of those who adore You as Sharada, Goddess of Wisdom.
You are the Mighty Mahendri enchanting the mind,
giving Your people victory as the awesome power of Rudra.
O Mother Hairiyakhandi, praised by all Divine Beings,
be happy and gracious.
8. Shaktih shri vaishnavi twam vidhi-hara-haribhih samstute vishwadhatri
savitri vedamata tapanatarunabha vishwavandya vibhasi.
Kali twam shatrusainyam kavalaya saganam chindhi shastrapraharair
dinam mam raksha nityam tava charananatam dasadasam twadiyam.
8. You are the Shakti of Vishnu adored by Brahma and Vishnu
as well as Mahesh (Shiva). You are sustaining the world.
Ever new and resplendent, You shine as the Light of the Sun,
praised by the world as Savitri, Mother of the Vedas.
You are Kali devouring the enemies*
armies with all their attendants,
cutting them down with Your weapons.
Mother, I am troubled. Always protect me
and make me a slave of Your lotus-feet's servants.
*The enemies are lust, anger, ego, avarice, delusion, jealousy
9. Mahendri twam suranam sakalabhayahari siddhidatri naranam
bhaktanam bhitihantri mani-mukutadhara varuni twam kripali.
Ambe! Dhyayanti ye twam stavanajapaparah shuddhabhavena
purnas tesham rakshapara twam vicharasi bhuvane sarvamangalyadatri.
9. Mahendri, You are the Queen of the Devas,
removing all fears and giving perfections to mankind.
Merciful Varuni, You wear the crown bedecked with jewels
and You remove the sorrows of all Your devotees.
You roam about the Three Worlds ever ready to grant protection
to those who are deeply absorbed in prayers and meditation,
filled with purest devotion, always remembering Your Name.
Of all auspiciousness, Mother, You are the Source.
Image source: hinduawaken.tumblr.com
10. Durge vishvartihantri jaya jaya tvaritam shatrusainyam madiyam
pitva pitva praharam kuru kuru satatam chindhi shulapraharaih.
Bhaktanam bhitihantri sharanamupagatam trahi dasam prapannam
sarveshamishtadatri tribhuvanajanani twatsama na dvitiya.
10. O Durga, removing the pains of this world,
Drink! Drink until You are drunk and unleash
Your fury onto the *enemies' armies,
pierce them and vanquish them with strokes of the spear.
O Giver of Shelter to those who seek Your protection,
save those servants who come to You for refuge.
Mother of the Three Worlds (Bhur, Bhuvah, Svaha),
who grants all cherished desires,
there is none equal to You!
*lust, anger, ego, avarice, delusion, jealousy
11. Nitye dhyayanti ye twam satatajapaparah shuddhabhavena purnah
nirdvandvah dehagehe charanakamalayordasyapiyushatriptah.
Padabjam te manojnam bhavabhayaharanam samshritananya bhaktya
tesham kalyanadatri shubha - varaphalada matrivadrakshika twam.
11. Those who remember You always within,
unceasingly calling You, repeating Your Name with purest devotion,
they care not for body and living,
always contented being a servant at Your lotus-feet.
Those who cling with single minded devotion to Your lotus feet
which dispel the fears of existence,
for those You care like a mother and grant them quickly
the fruit of their penance, blessing them with good fortune.
12. Aishvarenabhipurna twamasi bhagavati sarvasampatpradatri
rakshitri bhaktavrindam sabalanijabhujairastrashastraughapurnaih.
Lakshmih padmalaya twam twamasi suranuta sharada vedamata
twam kali raudrarupa jayasi suraripun bhitihantri twameva.
12. Resplendent with might and glory, O Mother You are the Ruler,
giver of all abundance, protecting all Your devotees.
With Your powerful arms You control an entire collection of mighty weapons and armaments.
You are Lakshmi Herself whose abode is the lotus
and Saraswati as well, whom the gods praise as the Mother of Vedas.
As dreadful Kali and Raudri You reign victorious over the enemies of Gods
You alone dispel all fears.
13. Shatrunam sainyamugram jahi jahi sabale tivrakuntapraharair
munchanti banavarsham dala dala tvaritam patayanti trishulam.
Trahi twam mam sharanye sharanamupagatam balakam tavakinam
dine hine kripam twam kuru kuru varada dehi padabjadasyam.
13. O Mighty Mother, attack the ferocious enemies' armies
by hitting them hard with the strokes of Your spear.
Shower downpours of arrows on them and destroy them at once.
Strike with Your trident and save me, Protectress.
O Mother, protect me!
As Your child I have come to Your shelter,
troubled and hopeless.
Grant me the grace to serve at Your lotus-like feet.
14. Hairakhandeshvari twam sakalasuranute devi vishvartihantri
dinartanam sada twam bhavabhayaharane prodyata matrishaktih.
Twam gauri sarvadehe pada-kara-adhare shonarupa vibhasi
bhasa shridantapankternakhadrigsushama bhasvara bhasi gaurih.
14. All the gods are praising You, Hairakhandeshwari Maya.
You are ever redeeming the world of all its afflictions,
always striving to help the aggrieved and the hopeless
in overcoming the fear of their worldly existence.
You are the Original Force, Generatrice of all.
Your effulgent appearance is fair and Your lips, Your hands
and Your feet are shining in crimson.
The perfect array of Your teeth and nails are enchanting.
Your marvelous eyes are sparkling with brilliant white light.
15. Matardainyartihantri hara hara satatam dainyaduhkham madiyam
shatrunam mardanam twam kuru kuru rabhasam tivra shulapraharaih.
Dinam mam raksha vipram tavacharananatam balakam tavakinam
lokeshairvanditam twam satatajayaparam chandikamashrayeham.
15. O Mother, Remover of Sufferance and Misery,
forever destroy my troubles and pains.
At once strike the enemies, strike them, and pierce them,
hitting them hard with Your spear.
Protect me, O Chandika, hailed by the rulers of all the Three Worlds.
Protect me, poor soul; I have come to Your shelter,
a child at Your feet.
Atha Sriupa Jatidevastavah
1. Bhavarnave bhititarangapurne
Mam raksha ambe, jagadavalambe
prasida vishveshvari pahi durge.
1. High waves of fear fill this ocean of life.
The night of illusion has left me bewildered.
I pray to You Mother Durga, be pleased,
save me, O Mother, Queen of the World.
2. Nanyosti samsarasamudramadhye
trata rite twam janani sharanye.
Prasida vishveshvari pahi pahi
trahishvari taraya tarayamba.
2. In the midst of this sea of transient existence,
O Mother, no one but You can protect me.
O Queen of this World, I pray to You, save me!
O help me, O help me to cross this great sea.
3. Dayamayi twam janani madiya
aham twadiyosmi sutotidinah.
Kripam kuru twam janani sharanye
pradehi bhaktim varada twadiyam.
3. You are my dear Mother, full of compassion;
I am Your child in distress.
O Mother have mercy; in You I seek shelter.
Please bless me with ardent devotion.
4. Prasida rajeshvari rashtravarddhani
Prayachha bhaktim nijapadapadmayoh
prasida matar jagatam namostute.
4. O Queen of Queens, raising the kingdoms,
All-present protectress of the Three Worlds,
to Your tender lotus-feet let me surrender. Give us devotion.
Be pleased. I bow to You, Mother of All.
Photo by Emam.
5. Namostu sarveshwari shankari shive
jayankari twam jahi shatravam, balam.
prasida matarjagatam namostute.
5. Sovereign Supreme, reigning victorious over the foe,
by all spheres You are worshipped, Consort of Shiva.
You shower the nectar of Grace, O World Mother;
be pleased. Obeisance to You.
namostu Durge! Duritapaharini.
6. The graceful beauty has no comparison.
You bring us across this endless ocean of change.
You live in the heart-lotus-cave of Munindra, Hairakhan Baba.
We greet You, Durga! Destroyer of sins.
Painting of Babaji by Paolo Polli.
7. Anandarupam chitishaktidiptam
vidyam param brahmarasanubhutim.
devim namamah jagadishwarim twam.
7. The Form is bliss, the Force and light of awareness,
the knowledge of silence, of the Absolute Brahman.
Your Form is the Guru, full of compassion,
We bow to You, Devi, Queen of the World.
8. Mam raksha nityam jagadavalambe
twameva satyam jagajjivanimata.
Samsara janma jvararogavaidyam
adyam bhaje hairakakhandavasinim.
8. Forever protect me, Support of the World,
You are the True Source of all life.
You heal the disease of birth in samsara.
Praise to You, Mother of Hairakhan!
Atha Shri Anushtupyogindrastavah
1. Uchuryogishvarah nanopayanapanayah.
Vinamrashiraso devim natva bhaktipurasharah.
1. All the perfect yogis brought various offerings in both their hands.
They bowed their heads humbly in devotion to the Devi.
2. Hairakhandeshvari payat sarvalokamaheshvari.
Dayamurtidhara nityam vishwasantranatatpara.
2. O Hairakhandeshwari Devi, Great Queen of all the Spheres,
You are Eternal Grace Incarnate, prepared to save the world.
3. Paravak parama vidya, shivasya hridayeshwari.
Sarvashrutinuta divya, ainkari murtirakshara.
3. You are the Word Divine and the Highest Wisdom,
O Queen who dwells in Shiva's heart.
You are the Sacred and Eternal "AIM"
who is glorified in all the Vedas.
4. Sphatikacchaprabha gauri shashitulyavaranana.
Ishatsmeramukhi bhavya amritaughapravarshini.
4. O Gauri, You are brilliant like the purest crystal.
Your face is like the moonshine, fine and fair.
Mysterious is the smile which lights Your face.
Like drops of nectar You are showering Your grace.
5. Purnenduvadanam charu vibhrati susmitadharam.
Adarshacchakapolabhyam srijatimaindavim prabham.
5. Sweet, like the full moon, Your face
A charming smile is playing on Your lower lip.
Fair are Your cheeks, like flawless mirrors
casting the full moon's cooling light.
Bhaktanam hridayadhvantam tapam papam cha nighnati.
6. The lotus gives a glimpse of Your eyes' beauty,
reflecting the three qualities of red, black, and white.
You free the hearts of Your devotees
from darkness, misery, and sins.
7. Bhasvarapangasubhaga, prasadasumukhi shiva.
7. The glances from the angles of Your eyes entrance us.
Shiva Your lovely face is full of kindness.
How beautiful You are in Your appearance.
Your upper lip is as tender as the segment of an orange.
8. Rajita dantalekhamshusvacchadharasubhasvara.
8. Your brilliant teeth, arrayed in perfect line
behind Your lips like radiant crystals shine.
Shaped like a lotus-flower's bud
Your chin adorns Your lovely face.
Shrotre shrutistutidhare, rajete manibhushane.
9. Eager You are to listen to the prayers
of those who seek from You protection.
Your ears they listen to the Vedas and the Revelations
and are adorned with ornaments and jewels.
10. Ambike satatam siddhaih samstute parameshwari.
Dehi saubhagyamarogyam dehi me sukhasampadah.
10. O Ambike, Sovereign Supreme,
Honored by all the perfect beings,
bestow good luck, destroy disease.
Grant wealth and happiness to me.
11. Twam purna parama vidya twamadya jagadishvari.
Twam maya shivada nitya jagattrayahitaishini.
11. You are the Perfect Highest Wisdom.
You have been Ruler of the Cosmos since the Dawn of Time.
Forever you conceal and reveal
Eternal Maya, Benefactress of the World.
12. Padapadmam sada bhaktya dhyayanti tava yoginah.
Dehi me vimalam bhaktim bhavasantapaharinim.
12. Always immersed in meditation,
the yogis venerate Your lotus-feet.
Please grant me pure and firm devotion,
dispeller of all worldly grief.
13. Tapatrayahari nasti, twatsama bhuvanatraye.
Devi tryambakapatni twam matastrailokyavandite.
13. There is none other like You in the Three Worlds
to take away the threefold pain.
You are the consort of the three-eyed Shiva
and You are worshipped by the threefold world.
14. Jaya sarvagate durge katyayani namostute.
14. O all-pervading Durga, Victory to You.
We bow to You, Katyayani.
You fill the world with joy; reverence to You
who takes us safe across the worldly sea.
15. Sarvasampatprade devi Hairakhandaviharini.
Ripunam darpadalini bhuktimuktipradayini.
15. O Devi, You are giving all abundance.
You take divine delight in Hairakhan.
The arrogance of the enemies You break
and grant enjoyments and redemption.
16. Sarvavyadhihari durge sarvadurgatiharini.
Tarinitaraniprakhye, tare dukhanivarani.
16. O Durge, You remove all diseases.
Before You our miseries fade away.
You shine brightly as the sun of liberation.
Shatrunam mohani maye, mahavidye namostute.
17. Your face so full of beauty
reminds me of the pomegranate flower.
Your wisdom smites the enemies with delusion.
We venerate You as the Exalted Knowledge.
18. Purnendusushamapurne sada piyushavarshini.
Padme dehi shriyam purnam namastubhyam sureshvari.
18. Endowed with the full moon's luminosity,
incessantly You pour the nectar of Your Grace.
O Lakshmi, give me wealth in full abundance.
Prostrations to You, Queen of the Gods.
19. Shive sharanye bhuteshi, bhavye shatrubhayankari.
Shatrunam darpadalini, jayam dehi ripum jahi.
19. O Shiva, source and shelter for all beings,
Your countenance is fair but fearful for the foe.
Crushing the arrogance of the enemies,
Give victory to us; exterminate the foe!
20. Mahendri matha me shatrun krodhashonitalochane.
Padme dehi shriyam mahyam, dehi bhagyam maheshvari.
20. Red are Your eyes with wrath, Mahendri.
Grind into dust my enemies.
O Lakshmi, grant me wealth and happiness.
Maheshwari bestow good fate and fortune.
21. Shive sharanye shivade, shivaduti shivapriye.
Ishwareshwari sarvajne, sarvadhykashe namostute.
21. O Shiva, giving shelter and redemption,
The messenger is Shiva and Your Love.
Omniscient One, You are supreme, sublime.
Almighty Mother, deeply we bow to You.
22. Namaste dakshatanaye gauri mahishamardini.
Jaya devi mahamaye, mahavidye namostute.
22. Obedience to You, daughter of King Daksha,
O Gauri, Slayer of Mahishasur.
Victory to You, O Devi Mahamaya,
Exalted Wisdom, we ever bow to You.
23. Namah paramahamsanam hridayabjanivasini.
Shabdabrahmamaye nitye, parameshvari namostute.
23. Salutations to You, residing in the heart-lotus
of perfectly enlightened souls.
You are the Everlasting Word of God,
Supreme Goddess; deeply we bow to You.
24. Samsaratapashamani, jnanajneyasvarupini.
Nadabindumaye nitye, jagatkaye namostute.
24. You cool the heat of the worldly fever.
You are the Knowledge as well as the Knower.
You are Immutable, Primordial Sound, and the Mystic Point
through which You bear the Cosmos as Your Body.
Deeply we bow to You.
25. Namaste haidayakhandeh shivasya hridayasthite.
25. Obeisance to You, Mother who resides
ever in Hairakhandi Shiva's Heart.
O Ambika, You dwell in Divine Delight
at the Siddhashrama's sacred forest site.
26. Namaste siddhasiddheshavanditanghrisaroruhe.
"Charanashrita" - sarvasve, kriparupeshvarenaghe.
26. Your lotus feet are worshiped by the Perfect Saints
and Masters of the Secret Teachings.
You are the sole desire of Shri Charanashrit's heart;
You are Embodiment of Pure Compassion.
27. Namastrailokyasantranatatpare parameshwari.
Sarvajne sarvanilaye, sarvasadhanasiddhide.
27. O Highest Queen, to You we bow,
who is ever eager to protect the threefold world.
You are all-knowing, all-pervading, and bestow
success for every penance followed with persistence.
Photo by Mahalakshmi.
28. Vanchakalpalate divye, kadambakusumapriye.
Mohini twam mahamaye, maheshvari namo namah.
28. You are the tender wish-fulfilling tree
and You are fond of the Kadamba flower.
Your magic veil conceals the Truth beyond illusion;
Consort of Shiva, Glory be to You!
29. Daridryadainyashamani, padmaragamanipriye.
Purne vishwambharishani, annapurne namostute.
29. You are alleviating pain and misery.
The ruby is Your favorite amongst the gems.
Obeisance to You Annapurna Ishani;
You nourish and sustain the world with grain.
30. Namaste jagadanandadayini jagadambike.
30. We bow to You, O Mother Ambika,
who fills the Universe with bliss.
The garland of the wish-fulfilling flower
adorns You, who is granting every wish.
31. Bhaktabishtaprade devi, dhanam dehi dhaneshvari.
Dehi saubhagyamarogyam, dehi putransukham yashah.
31. O Devi, fulfiller of Your bhakta's wishes,
O Queen of Wealth, give us prosperity.
Bless us with offspring and happiness and fame.
Bestow on us good fortune and good health.
32. Namaste yamininathalekhalankritakuntale.
32. We bow to You Beloved of the Night,
The crescent moon adorns Your radiant hair.
You are The Source of knowledge and of science;
Ambika, grant us pleasure and redemption.
33. Namaste kalpavallinam sumandapasushobhite.
Vanchakalpalate divye, padma sanavirajite.
33. You are the wish-fulfilling Gem Thyself,
seated in perfect lotus posture.
O Splendid One, resting beneath the canopy
formed by the wish-fulfiling creeper (vine)
Collage by Mahalakshmi.
34. Muktabhushitasarvangabhushite parameshwari.
Navavidrumavarnadhye, dhyeyarupe namo namah.
34. O Highest Queen, on every limb,
You are bedecked with pearls.
We bow to and we meditate on You,
appearing in the color of new corals.
35. Jaya sarvagate durge, namastripurasundari.
Shabdabrahmamayi matar, vakyasiddhim, prayaccha me.
35. Victory to You, All-pervading Durga,
We bow to You Tripurasundari.
You are the Very Word of God;
Grant that my speech is always one with Truth.
36. Madam churnaya shatrunam chandike darpanashini.
Arinam hridayam bhindhi, shulagrena tarasvini.
36. O grind the enemies'* arrogance into the dust
and break their pride, O Mother Chandika.
O Valient Devi, pierce Your prong
right through the enemies' heart.
*Enemies are lust, anger, ego, avarice, delusion, jealousy
37. Namaste shubhadaityasya, mardini bhayanashini.
37. To You who killed the demon Shumbha,
thus scattering all fear, we bow.
You made mash and mangle of Nishumbha;
You are adored by gods and demons both.
38. Namaste raktabijasya, shonitaughasutarpite.
Mahishasya sasainyasya, mardini ranachandike.
38. We bow to You who quenched Your thirst
by drinking Raktabija's (demon) stream of blood
(thereby eliminating the continuation of evil).
Obeisance to You Chandika, who won the war
against Mahishasur and all his armies.
39. Shatrunam prabalam sainyam, turnam mardaya mardaya.
Ucchataya ripundevi, kripam kuru maheshwari.
39. Do not delay to beat and batter
the mighty forces of the foe.
Exterminate the enemies, O Mother;
have mercy Maheshwari.
40. Matardevi namastestu, sarvasiddhim prayaccha me.
Sharane prapannam dinam mam, trahi trahi sureshvari.
40. I pay obeisance to Thee Divine Mother;
bless me with all divine perfections.
Deep in distress, I'm yearning for Your shelter;
save me, O save me Mighty Queen.
41. Kathaghariyasthite ramye, matastrailokyavandite.
Amandanandasandohapurite te namo namah.
41. In Kathgharia You dwell, Lovely Mother.
Your praise is sung throughout the Three Worlds.
You yield bliss in all abundance;
O Devi, deeply we bow to You.
42. Vedamurtimayi matar, shashwati yugadharini.
Shankha-chakra-gadahaste, namaste varadayini.
42. O Mother, You embody the four Vedas;
You uphold the perpetual wheel of ages.
Your hands hold chakra, conch-shell and the mace;
bestower of all boons, we bow to You.
43. Namaste sarvadevanamaradhye bhagadheyini.
Bhadrakali mahamaye mahadevapriyankari.
43. By all the devas and devis, Mother You are worshipped.
Bestower of Good fortune, Hail to You!
You are the Loving Consort of Lord Shiva, Bhadrakali
and Mahamaya, Great Creative Energy.
44. Kalyanini namastubhyam shive mangaladayini.
44. We bow to You Kalyanini, Auspicious One,
Mother Shiva, Bestower of Felicity.
All eager to protect whomever seeks Your shelter,
to Your Lord Shiva, You are very dear.
45. Namah srishtimayi matar, purusharthapradayini.
45. Mother, You manifest Yourself throughout Creation;
You grant to all the aims of life:
health, enjoyments, purpose, and liberation.
O Infinite one, give Pure Understanding.
I bow to You who grants us all good fate.
46. Namo Hairiyakhandasya guhamadhyaviharini.
Jagatsantarini tare, tarakasuraghatini.
46. Obeisance to You, Mother who resides
amid the holy cave of Hairakhan.
You help all beings cross the worldly ocean.
O Tara, slayer of the demon Tarak, Hail to You!
47. Namo devi jagaddhatri, dhanye narayanapriye.
Abhishtasiddhide nande mahamaye namo namah.
47. You uphold the entire Universe.
We bow to thee Narayani, Beloved of the Lord.
O Joyous One, You grant us all our heart's desires.
O Absolute Creative Force, we bow to You.
48. Namo muktiprade devi srishtisthitipradayini.
Nirgune buddhivanibhyamatite vishwavandite.
48. We bow to You; You give Ultimate Redemption.
You grant the Creation's continuity.
You are above all intellect and words, devoid of qualities.
49. Parashaktih paravidye parashantih paratpare.
Matah sarvagunadhyakshe brahmavishnushivastute.
49. You are the Force Sublime, Exalted Wisdom,
Absolute Boundless Peace, beyond the Ultimate.
Mother, You are above the reach of all the qualities;
Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva bow to You.
50. Dayarupadhare bhavye dayadhine maheshvari.
Jnana jyotipradenante sarvaishvaryasamanvite.
50. You have assumed the form of Great Compassion;
You are yourself subservient to Your Grace.
O Boundless One, kindling the Light of Knowledge,
You are endowed with all majestic Traits.
51. Namaste brahmanah shaktirlokasrishtividhayini.
Ainkari sharade nitye vishwamangaladayini.
51. You are Lord Brahma's generative Shakti,
thus giving shape to all creations and the worlds.
Your everlasting seed-sound is the "AIM," Eternal Sharada,
bestowing happiness on all the world.
52. Namaste vaishnavi shaktirvishwabrahmanda poshini.
Shrim namah shrimahalakshmih sarvasampatpradayini.
52. You are Lord Vishnu's all-sustaining Shakti,
fostering the Spheres of all Creation.
Your everlasting seed-sound is "SHRIM", Sri Mahalakshmi.
You give all plentitude and all perfections.
53. Maheshwari namastubhyam srishtisamharakarini.
Hrim namah shrimahamaye jnaninamapi mohini.
53. We bow to You, Maheshwari;
You cause dissolution of Creation.
Mahamaya Your seed sound is "HRIM,"
as Mohini You fascinate even sages.
54. Brahmavishnushivakalpastvadrite parameshwari.
Twam shaktih parama divya lokarakshanatatpara.
54. Without You even Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh
are powerless, O Mighty Queen of All.
You are the Highest Energy Divine,
ever engaged in safeguarding the Spheres.
55. Namashchinmayarupayai bhuvaneshvaryai namo namah.
Jneyajnanasvarupayai siddhidevyai natah vayam.
55. We bow to You; You are Supreme Awareness.
Prostrations to You, Empress of the World.
You are the knowledge of all that can be known.
O Perfect Devi, we will ever bow to You.
56. Namaste sarvadevanam rakshike bhayamochani.
Raksho danavasainyanam mardini ranachandike.
56. You are protecting all the devas
relieving them of all their fears.
O Ranachandika, You overthrow the hostile armies
of devils and demons; Hail to You!
57. Namaste sidhupanena arunayitalochane.
Nishumbhamathini raudre mahakaye namastute.
57. We bow to You who drinks the bowl of the wine
until Your eyes turn reddish like the sky at dawn.
O dreadful Raudri, You have slain Nishumbha;
Gigantic Mahakaya, Hail to You!
58. Namaste vedavadena samstute bhayanashini.
Abhishtavarade matah sarvasiddhipradayini.
58. Hail to You who takes away all fears;
Your praise is sung by the Vedic mantras.
O Mother, grant us our desired boons.
You give all perfections and attainments.
59. Namaste pitambare devi pitamshukasushobhini.
Pitapushpangaragaishcha bhushite siddhidayini.
59. We bow to You, draped all in yellow vestments,
embellished with a garment all in yellow,
adorned with yellow flowers and scented powder.
You are bestower of achievements and perfections.
60. Namaste sarvalokanam sada durgatinashini.
Trikaladarshani matar namo kalavinashini.
60. Prostrations to You, Mother who forever
removes the sufferings of the Universe.
You see the past, the present, and the future.
We bow to You, Devourer of Time.
61. Jaya shailendrasatputri namaste brahmacharini.
Namo dakshasute devi sati mangaladayini.
61. Hail to You, true daughter of Shailendra;
obeisance to You, Brahmacharini.
Honor to You, Devi, Daughter of Daksha;
O Sati, You bestow felicity.
62. Parvati paramodara aparne twam natah vayam.
Bhavani jagadambe twam namaste bhavamochani.
62. O Parvati, You are sublime; during Your penance
You did not even take dry leaves;
Bhavani, Universal Mother, Spouse of Shiva,
we bow to You, redeemer of this world.
63. Namo binadhare devi sudhasrave namo namah.
Shabdabrahmamayi matah shwetapushpasushobhite.
63. You are the One who holds the Vina;
You are the Source when the stream of nectar flows.
The very Word of God, You are, O Mother,
and garlands of white flowers are Your clothes.
64. Jaya shwetambare devi, jaya shubhreghaharini.
Namah shriramabhadrasya priye janakanandini.
64. We hail to You, Devi draped in white;
Your radiance destroys all sin.
You are the beloved of handsome Ram,
Daughter of Janak, the great King.
65. Namaste avadhanandadayini maithilatmaje.
Samsararnavamagnanam tarini bhavaharini.
65. You are the Sunshine of Ayodhya (unconquerable city),
known as the daughter of Great Mithila.
You save those drowned in the worldly ocean;
we bow to You, dispeller of all fears.
66. Namah shrikrishnachandrasya hridayabjanivasini.
Hladini chinmayi radhe, sacchidanandadayini.
66. We bow to You whose permanent abode
is in Shri Krishnachandra's Lotus-heart.
You exhilarate the soul with ecstacy
Radha! You are Truth, Consciousness, and Bliss.
Art by Awakening Gaia
67. Namaste vishwajanani, namaste vishwavasini.
Ajaramare namastubhyam, ajitam twam natah vayam.
67. You are the Matrix of this Universe
yet at the same time, You abide in it.
Unchanging, Ever Youthful and Immortal,
we bow to You who never knows defeat.
68. Bhayankare namastubhyam namo vishwamanohare.
Ghorarupe namastubhyam jayanti papanashini.
68. Prostrations to You, Hideous one,
who captivates the World's attention.
O Awe-inspiring one, we bow to You.
You are victorious and destroy all our sins.
69. Namaste shabarimatar kiratini namo namah.
Abhyantare namastubhyam bhadre abhayadayini.
69. We greet You Mother Shabari.
Kiratini we bow to You.
To You, the one within, we pray.
Your Blessing hand dispels all fear.
70. Apare amale devi, amite twam namo namah.
Namaste shankari devi amrite pratime namah.
70. O Mother, ever pure beyond conception,
O Boundless One, we bow to You.
We greet You, Spouse of Shankara;
You are pure nectar and beyond comparison.
71. Akarshani namastubhyam, aveshini namo namah.
Namaste ojapunje twam, tikshne devi namo namah.
71. Of all attractiveness, You are attraction.
Of all elation, You are exaltation.
You are the very source of vital vigor.
You are acuity, O Mother; honor be to You!
72. Namo riddhisvarupe twam, vriddhirupe namo namah.
Ojasvini namastubhyam, kalyanini namo namah.
72. You take the form of all abundance;
all growth is under Your command.
You are the vigor of all living creatures.
We honor You, O Benefactress of the World.
73. Kasturitilake devi, shrikeshavanute namah.
Kasturirasaliptangi, kamacharini te namah.
73. The sign of musk adorns Your forehead, Mother.
Sri Keshava sings Your Praise, we bow to You.
The essence of pure musk anoints Your body,
O Mother, moving at Your pleasure. Hail to You!
74. Namo kirtimati matar, namaste kirtimalini.
Kameshvari kamarupe, kamadayini, te namah.
74. Obeisance to You, celebrated Mother,
garlanded with celestial fame.
You rule over all desires,
assume their form and grant their fulfillment.
75. Namaste kalike bhadre, kuladyeye namo namah.
Krure shure cha kutasthe, sarve devi natah vayam.
75. Prostrations to You, lovely Kalika;
You have been worshipped by all our ancestors.
Being immutable force, You are both brave and cruel.
We bow to You Sharve, Shakti of Shiva.
76. Namah kripamayi matar, kamaniye kalavati.
Namaste shantisamyukte, kshame kharparadharini.
76. We bow to You O Mother, Full of Mercy,
Kalavati in Your celestial charm.
You ever dwell in peace, full of forgiveness,
holding the drinking bowl of skull (chalice to thwart enemies)
Honor to You;
salutations merciful mother, charming personification of Durga
77. Digambare namastubhyam, shulini arinashini.
Namo gadini ghoratame namaste tamaharini.
77. O Sky-clothed One, we bow to You,
Holding the spear, Slayer of Foes.
We greet You, Bearer of the Mace,
Awesome Dispeller of all fears.
78. Namashchakradhare devi, chatule charuhasini.
Chandamundavadhe krishne namashchandi prachandike.
78. We greet You Devi, Holder of the Divine Chakra;
Your words are sweet and lovely as is Your smile.
Mahakali, You have slain Chanda and Munda;
Majestic Chandi, we prostrate to You.
79. Chaturvargaprade devi, chandrarupini te namah.
Namashchandranane subhru, chandrakante namo namah.
79. Mother bestowing the four aims of life,
You are the Moon; we bow to You.
Your lovely brows adorn Your moonlit face.
You are as fair as moonlight; Hail to You!
80. Namashchinmayi chitre twam chitswarupe jagaddhite.
Namo vishwamayi matar, jagatpujye namo namah.
80. You are the Cosmic Mind assuming wondrous forms.
As the Great Spirit, You are working for the world.
Obeisance to You, Omnipresent Mother,
You are worshipped by all throughout the spheres.
81. Jayankari namastubhyam, namaste jayade jaye.
Utpalakshi namastubhyam manibhe garime namah.
81. We bow to You, who does not know default,
Triumphant One, bestow on us Your victory.
Your eyes are reminiscent of the blue lotus.
You are the Light of Jewels. Hail to You!
Painting of Bhramari Devi Goddess of the Black Bees by Rama19920
82. Chandrachude namastubhyam chetane vindhyavasini.
Jyeshthe shreshthe namah preshthe jwale jagritike namah.
82. You wear as diadem the crescent moon;
You are pure Wisdom, living on Mount Vindhya.
You are foremost amongst the great and most beloved.
Prostrations to You, Flaming One, who brings Awakening.
83. Karalini namastubhyam ekavire namo namah.
Namaste durgamaloke, durge durgatiharini.
83. Prostrations to You, Terrifying One.
We honor You, of Incomparable Valor.
O Splendid Mother, difficult to reach,
to You we bow, Durga, Remover of All Pains.
84. Namaste madhavinande, bhramari bhramari namah.
Namaste vritrashamani mrigavati namo namah.
84. Prostrations to You, Madhavi, Delightful One;
Your names are Bhramari and Bhramari One.
Obeisance to You, Slayer of the Demon Vrita.
Glory Glory to You Mrigavati.
85. Namaste sargarahite shambhavi sphatikaprabhe.
Duratyaye namastubhyam atmarupini te namah.
85. Reverence to You Who has never been created.
Your shine like purest crystal, Shambhavi;
Unfathomable One, we bow to You.
You are the Universal Soul.
86. Namaste dharane dhatri dharini dharini namah.
Namaste nirgune matar niranjani namo namah.
86. We bow to You, the very Power of Preservation,
Sustainer and Upholder, Mother Earth.
Mother, You are devoid of Attributes;
We bow to You beyond all name and form.
87. Prite patalanilaye priyadarshini te namah.
Vayasi twam vidalicha bhavaharini te namah.
87. O Joyous One, Your mansion is the Underworld.
You are of beautiful appearance.
We bow to You Vayasi (crow) and Vidali (cat)
who frees us from the transient existence.
88. Namaste modani matar, madhumalini te namah.
Bhishakvare merudande manidwipanivasini.
88. Obeisance to You, O Delightful Mother;
Goddess of Springtime, reverence to You.
Being Supreme Physician and the Central Axis,
You dwell forever on the Jewel Island!
89. Manmathe cha mahabhage, medini mahime namah.
Mandavi cha mahadevi, manjule twam natah vayam.
89. You stir the mind and are the Greatest Fortune;
O Glorious Mother Earth, we bow to You.
You are Mahadevi and Mandavi;
beautiful Manjule, we bow to You.
90. Namaste yogini siddhavatsale balaposhini.
Namo vishwartiharini vishwavandye namo namah.
90. Obeisance be to You, O Yogini,
tenderly loving all saints, feeding all children.
You free the world of all its pain.
The whole world worships You; reverence to You!
91. Namah shakambhari durge, shatakshi twam natah vayam.
Namaste shobhane chandi, shivachandi namo namah.
91. Through Your Grace Durge, all the herbs are growing.
We bow to You having a hundred eyes.
Obeisance to You, handsome Chandi;
O Shiva Chandi, deeply we bow to You.
92. Sacchidanandarupa twam, lokapavani te namah.
Sarvangasundari devi, simhike satyavadini.
92. You are Pure Being, Consciousness and Bliss.
You purify the world; reverence to You.
Mother of flawless Beauty, seated on the lion,
Your words are always true. We bow to You.
93. Harapriye himasute, haribhaktipradayini.
Namo haripriye divye, padme twam natah vayam.
93. Beloved of Shiva, Daughter of the Snows,
You kindle the pure love for God in us.
Divine Love of Shri Vishnu, praise to You.
We bow to you, O Lotus-loving Lakshmi.
94. Hiranyavarne harini, klinkari te namo namah.
Jyotsne jyotirjaye nitye, vijaye jayashalini.
94. O Harini of Golden Hue,
Your sound is 'KLIM'; we bow to You.
Your lightening strikes Eternal Victory;
of all the victories, the last belongs to You.
95. Jwalini jwalini durge, jwalangi tvam natah vayam.
Namaste tapani devi, tapani papanashini.
95. You are like blazing fire, Mother Durga.
Your limbs are flames; we bow to You.
Mother Your nature is the Heat.
You burn away all sins.
96. Jaya twam lalite tivre, namastripurasundari.
Dushtanam mardani maye, namaste dinavatsale.
96. You are of striking beauty, Mother Lalita;
Tripurasundari we bow to You.
O Durga, You destroy the wicked
but care for the poor; reverence to You.
97. Namo darashaye devi, duhkhaharini te namah.
Namo devamayi divye, deveshi dainyanashini.
97. Being malicious to the wicked,
we bow to You, Remover of all Pain.
Mother of all the Gods,
You are their Queen, destroying poverty.
98. Navaniradaghanashyame, niravadye namo namah.
Namah sarvagunadhare, sarvajne sarvadarshini.
98. You are as dark as newly gathered rainclouds.
O Blameless One, we bow to You.
You are the base on which all qualities appear.
You know all, You see all, reverence to You.
99. Namah padmapriye devi, padmasthe padmasambhave.
Nrityavaditrarasike, panchangi twam natah vayam.
99. Mother we bow to You who loves the lotus.
Born of the lotus, lotus is Your throne.
You take delight in music and dance;
to You of the Five Qualities, we bow.
100. Namo vishwajite pukhe, punye kanye namo namah.
Brahmaswarupe buddhimayi, bale taruni vallabhe.
100. Hail to You, Conqueror of the world;
We bow to You O Brilliant Pure Being.
One with the Brahma and Pure Understanding,
You are young, powerful, and beloved of all.
101. Namaste bhuvananandadayini dhanyadohini.
Dipte bhitihare chandi, narayani namostute.
101. Reverence to You, blessing the world with bliss,
bestower of all grains.
To You, Dispeller of all fears, glowing with splendor;
we bow, Shakti of Narayana, Mother Chandi.
102. Namo brahmani varahi, kumari shankari namah.
Namo indrani kankali, karali kalike namah.
102. To You Brahmani, Varahi,
Kumari, Shankari, we bow.
Hail to You Indrani, Kankali,
Karali, and Mahakali.
103. Chamunde cha mahakali jwalamukhyai namo namah.
Namo namo bhadrakali, kamakhye cha kapalini.
103. Chamunda and Mahakali,
to You with Flaming Mouth, we bow;
Bhadrakali, Gracious Devi,
Kamakhya and Kapalini.
104. Namaste ambike durge, lalite gauri te namah.
Sumangale namastubhyam rohini kapile namah.
104. O Mother Ambike, Durga,
Fair is Your Beauty, reverence to You;
Auspicious One, we bow to You,
Consort of Kapila and of the Moon.
105. Namah shulakare devi, kundalini tripure namah.
Kurukulle bhairavi bhadre, chandravati namo namah.
105. Reverence to You who brandishes the lance,
coiled like a snake, Queen of Tripura.
You are the Queen of snakes and Bhairavi.
Hail to You Bhadra and Chandravati.
106. Niranjane narasimhi hemakante namo namah.
Pretasane cha ishani, vaishvanari namo namah.
106. To You the Natural One we bow,
Narsinghi, shining with a golden Hue,
to You Who's seat is on a corpse,
Hail to You Ishani and Vaishvanari.
107. Vaishnavi yamaghante cha, vinayaki namo namah.
Namah saraswati shile, harasiddhishcha shitale.
107. O Mother, ruling over death, we bow to You.
You are Vinyaki and Vaishnavi.
Reverence to You, Mother of Knowledge and of Virtue,
to You Shitala and Harasiddhi.
108. Namaste shankhani chandi, padmini chitrini namah.
Varuni vanadevi cha, narayani namo namah.
108. We greet You Shankini and Chandi.
Hail to You Padmini and Chitrini
Obeisance to You Varuni and Vandevi,
Narayani we bow to You.
109. Yamabhagini cha vanadevi, suryaputri sushitale.
Namaste krishnavarahi, raktakshi cha shreshthini.
109. We bow to You Sister of Death, Daughter of Sun,
to You, Goddess of Forests and of Coolness.
We bow to You Krishna and Varahi,
to You, Supreme One with the blood-red eyes.
110. Akashi kalaratri cha, jaye tubhyam namo namah.
Vijaye dhumavati tubhyam, vagishvari namo namah.
110. Goddess of Space and Black-Moon Night,
Hail to You, We bow and bow to You.
Glory to You Goddess of Smoke,
Goddess of Speech, we honor You.
111. Katyayani namastubhyam agnihotri namo namah.
Mahavidye chakradhari, ishvari twam natah vayam.
111. Mother of Fire Sacrifice,
O Durge, deeply we bow to You.
Supreme Wisdom, Holder of Chakra,
O Queen of Queens reverence to You.
112. Sarvasam swamini nitya, Hairakhandeshwari para.
Sarvah kripamayi bhutva, kurvantu mama mangalam.
112. Eternal and Almighty Sovereign,
Supreme Mother of Hairakhan,
become all merciful, O Mother;
bestow Your happiness on me.
113. Sambasadashivakunje, viharanvrindavasini.
Pritiprasararasika, Hairakhandeshvari payat.
113. At the Sambasadashivakunj,
residing in Vrindavan,
You are engaged in spreading Love,
O Mother of Hairakhan.
114. Tvadiyanayananando, dasah shricharanashritah.
Sarvada mangalam kuryat, varam dehi sureshvari.
114. As Your slave Charanashrita (Mahendra Maharaj)
is Your Eyes delight,
be thus our cause of Happiness;
O Mother, grant this boon to us.
1. Om siddhendrah siddhasankalpah siddhikamah surarshayah.
Stuvanti paramodaram mataram jagadambikam.
1. With firm determination and sincere desire to achieve perfection
the Rishis, Gods, and Yogis thus pray to the Supreme
adye twam varadayini shrutinute vidye pararupini.
Yami twam sharanam bhavartiharanim santaranim mataram
dehi twam nijapadapadmavimalam bhaktim bhavadhvamsinim.
2. O Sacred Embodiment of the Grace of Satguru Hairakhandavihari,
You are the Supreme Incarnation of Original Wisdom.
The Vedas praise You, Bestower of Boons.
I come to Your shelter, Mother Savior;
You are relieving the anguish of life.
Bestow on me pure devotion for Your lotus-feet,
freeing me from the circle of birth and death.
3. Jyotirjivanadharini trijagatam somarddhasandharini
samsararnavatarini bhavabhayashreni samutsarini.
Hairakhandaviharini vijayate shaktishchidakarini.
3. You are the Light, sustaining all life in the Three Worlds,
wearing the half-moon.
You help us cross the ocean of mundane existence
by dispelling the ever recurring fears of this world.
You are Wisdom, Prosperity, and Glory,
Supreme Knowledge elating the heart.
Reveler of Hairakhan, Victorious One,
You are the Manifestation of the Spirit's Force.
4. Nityam hridguhavasinim bhagavatimatmaswarupamajam
pranebhyopi priyam varenya sushamapurnam param shashvatim.
4. Mother You are the Conscious Soul Herself, never born,
dwelling in the heart of all beings.
Full of supernal beauty, You incarnate as the Life Breath.
In the form of the Primordial Absolute Sound and Primordial Space
always brimming nectar.
In You I take refuge, who showers the nectar of bliss
and destroys the fears of life.
5. Chandiste charanambuje suramatam chittam madiyam sada
adharasi sada samastajagatam trailokyasantarpini.
Twam tara tarani prabhasi varade jyotih pararupini
durge raksha padaravindapatitam dasam twadiyam shishum.
5. O Chandi, may my spirit always rest upon Your lotus-feet.
You uphold the Entire Universe and satisfy the Three Worlds.
Durga, You are the Sunshine Tara, Highest Form of Light.
Durga protect me, fallen at Your lotus-feet;
I am a slave of Yours, Your child.
6. Twam buddhirdhritibhrantikirtiramala shraddha smritisadhana
twam medhatha daya kshama bhagavati lajja trisha cha spirha.
Kantih shantirjaneshu shaktiramala vidya manoharini
drishtirvanmana indriyani janani twatsattaya bhasitam.
6. You are Intelligence and Steadiness,
Perplexity and Flawless Fame.
Faith, Memory, and Discipline You are,
Modesty, Longing and Desire, Brightness and Peace You are.
In people You are Genuine Energy and Mind Transporting Wisdom.
Mother, Your Presence enlightens Sight, Voice, Mind and all senses.
7. Matarme hridaye tu nasti nitaram bhaktirbhavadhwamsini
raktirnaiva cha padapadmayugale shakti kuto darshane.
Mudhe karmanibandhanena grasite mohandhabhute jade
dine devi kripamayi kuru dayavrishteh sudhasinchanam.
7. No trace of love for You is in my heart O Mother
to cut the worldly ties, nor do I have devotion to Your lotus-feet.
So from where am I to have the strength to gain Your Sight?
Tied by the letters of wrong actions
blind am I and dumbfounded by deception.
O Mother, full of mercy, have compassion
and bestow nectar upon me, poor fool.
8. Jirna bhagyatari bhavabdhi gahano kallolamalakulah
vayurvati bhayankaroti nividam dhvantam samacchaditam.
turnamswamini te kripamritadrisha tirno bhaveyam dhruvam.
8. O Mother, old and broken is this vessel of my destiny
And deep waves agitate the high seas of my life.
The winds blow frightful and I am surrounded by deep darkness.
The whirlpool of the typhoon stirs my fear of being drowned.
By a quick glance my Queen, full of Your Mercy's Nectar,
bestow on me the certainty to cross.
9. Hridyantastalavasinim bhagavatimavedaye kim mukhat
sarvajna jagadishwari gunavati janasi duhkham sukham.
Amba! Twam nijapada pallavakripalambam nirashashrayam
sadyo dehi dayamayi bhagavati mam pahi pahishwari.
9. O Mother dwelling in the deepest bosom,
what need is there to speak to You with words?
Omniscient Lady, You contain all the qualities.
You know the pains and joys that move my heart.
O Mother with Your bud-like lotus-feet,
give shelter mercifully to the hopeless.
Do not delay, Mother of Mercy; rescue me.
Save me, save me, O Highest Queen.
10. Doshashchenmama cheshvari gunamaye chittam katham dushitam
twam me punyaparikshika yadi tada lokastwadicchavashah.
Sankhyatita anantapapi nivahas tratas twayadyavadhi
matardevi dayamayi mama krite kutrasti te sa daya.
10. O Virtuous Queen, the whole world is at Your Will's command.
If there be any fault with me, how was my mind deranged
unless You willed it so to test my merit?
Up to this day, countless sinners have been saved by You.
Yet where, O Gracious Mother, went Your Grace for me?
11. Bhrantoham bahuduhkhadagdhahridayo jivami dhigjivanam
shrantoham bahujanma mrityujarasakranto bhave bhurishah.
Shantam te charanaravinda sharane klantam madiyam manah
matastwam sharanam pradehi varade mam pahi lokeshwari.
11. Confused am I and many grievances have burnt my heart.
My life is miserable.
I'm tired of the many lives and deaths and sorrows of old age,
caught in the wheel of this transient existence.
How peaceful the shelter of Your lotus-feet is to my exhausted heart.
O Mother, Ruler of the Works, save me!
Grant me the boon of Thy refuge!
12. Ankadanka maham sadaiva vicharan bhrantosmi mohakulah
dehaddeha manuvrajami satatam jwalam sahan jatharim.
Mohadhwanta samakuletigahane twatpada padmashrayad
anyannasti dayamayi suvarade mahyam samalambanam.
12. From womb to womb I err, chased by ignorance.
Incessantly I pass through many incarnations,
bearing the flames of burning hunger
caused by the deep darkness of illusion.
There is no other shelter than Your lotus-feet.
O gracious Mother, grant to me the boon of Your support.
13. Mataste hridaye kripa sukaruna samrajate sarvada
twamashritya dashananadi bahavo nichah gatah sadgatim.
Baloham janani twadiya padayordasosmi dinartihe
hine dinajane kripamkuru kripalvambe jagadvandite.
13. Mother, Your heart is ever full of radiant compassion.
Seeking Your shelter, Ravana and many more inferior souls
successfully have reached the Highest Goal.
I am Your child, O Life-bestowing Mother.
Your slave I am; annihilate my pain.
O Mother, worshipped by the world,
have pity on me, suffering, miserable person.
14. Matastwam hridayaravinda kuhare dhyatwa kada nirmalam
buddhim prapya sada bhavishyati mano nirlobha moham sthiram.
Yache twam satatam pranamya shirasa vaddhanjalirmataram
dehi twaccharanabjayoh suvimalam bhaktim manojnam shivam.
14. O Mother, if we constantly remember
Your image in the lotus of our heart,
we will achieve Pure Understanding and our mind
will always be composed, without greed and deception.
Incessantly I pray to You, O Mother;
with lowered head and arms outstretched, I beg.
O give me pure devotion to Your lotus-feet,
entrancing and bestowing liberation.
15. Karunyamrita puritam bahudaya vatsalya bhavaplutam
mataste hridayam dayamritarasairapurya manojvalam.
Ittham shastrapurana santavachanam satyam shivam sundaram
pashyantya mama dainya durgati maho kasmanna santapyate.
15. Filled with the nectar of compassion
You overflow with the feeling of affection.
The essence of pure mercy fills Your heart;
it fills my heart, O Mother, with delight.
In this way, Epics, Saints and Scriptures
praise You as Satyam-Shivam-Sundaram*.
Seeing my poverty and misery, O Mother,
why are You not yet moved?
Photo by Emam.
16. Dainyannodwijate madiyahridayam bhagyam hi me tadrisham
dhyayamstwam shukhamavahami satatam twadrupasammohitah.
Shrantoham pratipalayami satatam nityam pratikshakulo
matastwadwashagam priyam tava shishum mam pahi ma pahi va.
16. My pitiful state does not afflict my heart;
my destiny is seeing with the eyes of poverty.
But whenever I meditate on You, joy comes to me;
Your form always enchants my heart.
I am tired yet full of anxious expectation,
waiting for You in every single moment.
I am dependent, Mother, on Your love.
I am Your child; save me or not. Do as You wish.
17. Nityam bhagyamativadarunataya sakam maya yudhyate
vanchasiddhipradopi kalpavitapo matsamshritorkaprabhah.
Dhirvidya mama nishphala tadapi vai chinta, na mam badhate
vanchakalpalatasi sanmukhamaho tenasmyaham nirbhayah.
17. My fate always torments me with utmost cruelty.
Even the Wish-Fulfilling Tree, bestowing all desire,
when approached by me, is barren like the shallowart tree.
Intelligence and knowledge are of no avail to me,
yet worries cannot trouble me. I know no fear,
since You, the genuine Wish-Fulfilling Tree,
are sitting face to face with me.
Painting of Lakshmi by Dr. BKS Varma.
18. Padme padmasamananetraruchire dikshasva dasam nijam
ikshasva kshanameva sundari daya drishtya prasadam kuru.
Twam matarjagatam prasadasumukhi sarvapadamnashini
satyajnanamaye! Prapannavarade mam trahi dinam janam.
18. O Lakshmi with the shining lotus eyes,
bless this Your slave with Initiation.
O Lovely One, just with a little glance,
bestow on me Your Blessing's Grace.
O Mother of the World, pleasing and cheerful,
before You all my troubles fade away.
O fountain of True Knowledge, comforting those who seek Your shelter,
bless me and save me, poor creature that I am.
19. Chandre chandraprabha twameva janani suryaprabha nirmala
nakshatreshu chamatkritih suvimala twadrupini lakshyate.
Vahnau dahakata jale sarasata bhumau jagaddharini
shaktistepratima vibhati varade! Vishnau jagatpalini.
19. You are the moonlight Mother. You alone
shine in the pure light of the blazing sun.
The radiance of the stars is Your reflection.
You are the burning ardor of the fire;
in water, You are soft fluidity.
You are the Earth, upholding all Creation.
Unrivaled is Your Power's splendor.
As Vishnu's Shakti You uphold and bless the world!
20. Saubhagyam mama netrayornahi tatha yaddarshanam prapnuyam
amba! Twam hi dayamayi dravasi chet praptirnavai durlabha.
Nissaretrabhave twameva sabala sara rasala dhruva
satyam shrijagadishvari bhagavati mam pahi lokeshvari.
20. My eyes are not so fortunate to behold Your sight,
but Mother, if You would only melt with mercy,
even Your vision would be easy to obtain.
Here in this world of vanities,
You are the Everlasting Powerful Essence.
Mother, You are the Absolute Sovereign of this world.
Queen of the Universe, grant me protection.
21. Twatpadabjaratih sada sukhavaha swargadikam nashvaram
twam me snehamayi kripamritavaha ganga jagatpavani.
Dinah dushkritinashcha jivanivahananta twaya tarita
twam tara jagadishvari bhagavati trayasva santarini.
21. Devotion to Your lotus-feet ever bestows a stream of joy,
for even Heaven and Earth will pass away!
As Ganga You are purifying the world;
O pour the nectar of affectionate Grace on me.
An endless stream of miserable sinners and creatures,
O Tarita, have been redeemed by You.
Tara, You are the Empress of the World
who ferries all across. Save also me.
22. Bandhurbandhumathapi gudha suhrido mitrani swiyanyapi
bhratrinbhratriganah sutashcha pitaram patni nijam vallabham!
Ye chanye bahavo bhavetra vividhah snehanubadhah dridhah
te matarvitathastyajanti purusham satyam twamalambanam.
22. Brothers and sisters, sons and daughters,
companions and intimate friends,
beloved spouse, all kith and kin,
all these and all the other bonds of love
which tie us firmly to this world,
man must give up. They are untrue.
You Mother are the only Real Support.
23. Matarpahi dayamayi bhagavati dinam kripabhikshukam
bhrantam karmavane vimugdhahridayam mayamarichervasham.
Chintajvalamaharnisham dahati mam twam susthira vikshyase
dine sadhanahinatavakakripadhine dayamavaha.
23. O Mother, Full of Mercy,
save me, poor beggar, for compassion sake.
Errant and bewildered in Karma's Jungle,
my heart is spellbound by the mirage of illusion;
the flames of worry burn me day and night.
O Mother glance at me. You look quiet.
I have no means and I depend on You.
Come, have compassion!
24. Twam nathasi yada tada tava suto lokeshvanathah katham
twam shaktih sabala yada shirasi me dasah katham durbalah.
Twam datri sukhasampadam suvarada dainyam tada me kutah
twam sakshatkamalam prasadasumukhim sarvashrayamashraye.
24. You are the Mistress of this World,
so how can I be called an orphan?
When Your strong Energy is resting on my head,
how can Your slave be weak?
You are bestower of prosperity and joy,
so how can poverty be mine?
You are the refuge for all seekers,
O Mother Lakshmi, cheering and serene!
Painting by Paolo Polli.
25. Naham te stavanam karomi hridaye seve grine na smare
padabjam tava yogidhyanavishayam chakshuh katham pashyatu.
Patah patakino bhavabdhigahane yaistwam smrita ekada
ma mam vismara he trilokajanani shighram prasanna bhava.
25. I do not praise You in my heart, nor do I serve You.
Forgetful, I do not repeat Your Holy Names.
Your lotus-feet reached by the yogis in deep meditation,
how can I ever hope to behold them with my common eyes?
You have saved sinners who, deep in the ocean of existence,
remembered You a single time.
O Sovereign of the Worlds, do not forget me.
Quickly, be pleased with me!
26. Yesham vai rasana na te japapara dhyane sthiram no manah
karnau chaiva na te katharasasudhamadhuryasamradhakau.
Chetaste charanaravinda nakhabhasamradhane na sthiram
tesham shricharanashritashrayapade bhaktirmanojna kutah.
26. He whose tongue is not engaged in repetition of Your Name,
whose mind is not set firm in meditation,
He who has no ear
for the sweet nectar of Your worshipper's narration,
who has not fixed his mind
on worship of Your lotus-feet's radiant nails,
how can he ever have devotion for the Holy Feet of Him
whose shelter Shri Mahendra Maharaj has taken?
27. Dehi twam shubhadarshanam nayanayoranandatriptipradam
samsaredyavilinakhinnahridayam dhairyad vihinam shishum.
Margam te gahane banetinibidam naham vijane yatah
twam me panthanidarshika bhava kripadinasya mateshwari.
27. Grant me Your Holy Sight to satisfy my eyes with bliss.
Entangled in the world of daily life, my heart is in distress.
I am Your child and have no patience.
Most hidden is Your path in the deepest jungle,
therefore I know it not.
O Mother, be my guide; show me the path.
My Queen, I am dependent on Your Grace.
28. Jyotistwam jagajivani bhagavati sadyah kripakarini
twam dhyayanti nirantaram sahridayashchidrupinim manase.
Sadyastwam kurushe kripamayi kripavrishtim sudhasyandinim
kasmattwam kurushe vilambamadhuna rajeshvari pahi mam.
28. You are the Light that animates the world,
able to grant Your blessing in an instant.
Continuously the yogis contemplate You in their hearts
as the pure form of Ultimate Awareness.
Merciful Mother, in an instant
You bestow the nectar of Your Grace.
Why do You still delay my Queen?
Save me this very moment!
29. Chintam muncha madiya chitta! Hridaye chintaswa tam mataram
sa sarvatra vane tathaiva bhavane prishthe purontarbahih.
Tasyah namarasayanam piva sakhe sa sarvatriptiprada
nanyostiha daya supurnahridayo janati yo vedanam.
29. Discard your worries, mind!
Remember in your heart That Mother!
She is All-present: in the house and in the forest.
She is behind, in front, inside, outside.
Her Name, drink as the Elixir my friend.
She gives you Ultimate Contentment.
No other than She in Her abundant mercy
knows the afflictions of your heart.
30. Dinanuddharini bhavabdhitarani santarini te daya
yamashritya sadaiva shailatanaye parangatah papinah.
Tasyalambanamadya dehi varade danishvari twam mata
tyaktva twam vada kam prayami sharanam kanya dayarupini.
30. O Parvati Redeemer of the poor,
You are the ferryboat for those who seek Your shelter.
And with Your Grace many poor sinners reached the other shore.
O Mother known as Queen of Wealth,
grant me today the boon of Your refuge.
Abandoning You, O Mother full of Mercy,
tell me, who other than You shall give me shelter?
31. Adharam jagatam characharamayim lokeshvaraivanditam
twam dhyayanti munishvarah swahridaye dhyeyanghripadmamparam.
Mataste charanaravindasadrisham nanyanmamalambanam
tatpraptiryadi me bhavishyati tadananyasya chitte spriha.
31. Upholder of the world, of moving and unmoving,
praised by the lords of all the universe,
the kings of sages meditate with Your lotus-feet within their hearts
as the Highest Object of their veneration.
The vision of Your lotus-feet sustains me like no other.
If ever I will gain this,
no other wish will touch my heart.
32. Rajni twam kurushe dayaparavasham matarnijam manasam
lokeshu prathita dayamayi jagatsantarini te daya.
Yasyalambamavapya papaniratastirnah mahapapinah
mahyam dehi tadambapadayugalalambam nirashashrayam.
32. O Mother let Your mind be moved by mercy.
Illustrious is Your World-Redeeming Grace,
by whose support even the blackest sinners crossed the sea.
Mother give Your lotus-feet support also to me.
They are the shelter of the hopeless and despairing.
33. Dhyatva dipashikham tamisraharanim twam harinim suprabham
andhesminbhavabithisankulapathi jyotih para vikshyate.
Santaptam kwathitam vilokya bhuvane karunyakadambini
bhutva twam kurushe kripamayi kripavarsham paranandadam.
33. Just as an oil lamp's flame dispels the darkness,
so Your Bright Light's Splendor, if remembered,
shows the narrow path in the deep darkness of this world.
Having observed this world I am burnt out, distressed.
Come as a bank of clouds of pity, Mother,
Compassionate One, and shower rains of highest bliss on me.
34. Twam matarjagatarini bhavabhayashreni samutsarini
dinanathasutarini bhavanadisantarini sarvada.
Hairakhandavihari sadgurukripa chicchaktirahladini
bhaktanugrahakarini bhavatu me tushta manoharini.
34. Redeemer of this World, O Mother,
You drive away the waves of worldly fears.
Always rescuing the poor orphans
You ferry them across the river of existence.
O Reveler of Hairakhan, Grace of the Supreme Master,
You are the bliss-bestowing Force of Consciousness.
O Mother giving favors to Your worshippers,
be pleased with me. You fascinate my mind!
35. Lokendrairabhivanditanghrikamala ya shrih swayam sharada
bhaktanugrahanaya tapasaganan sambhajayanti vrajeh.
Datum vai tapasam phalam sumadhuram divyairnijairdarshanaih
Hairakhandaviharisadgurukripa santarayanti munin.
35. The kings of the three worlds adore Your lotus-feet.
You are Yourself the Goddess Sharada and Shri Lakshmi.
To favor Your devotees and reward the Gathering of Saints and Yogis
with the sweet fruit of their austerities,
You come Yourself as the Grace of the Supreme Master
who takes delight in Hairakhan, protecting all the sages.
36. Bhaktanugrahanavratam tava sada jagarti matar hridi
dasam mam kuru tavakam bhavatrishakrantam bhave bhurishah.
Dhanyah pujyatamah sa eva jagatamshreyaskarah sarvada
shrimatte charanaravindayugale yasyasti bhaktirdridha.
36. Forever lives the promise in Your heart,
O Mother, that You favor Your devotees.
Make me Your slave! I am exhausted
bearing the pangs of thirst for worldly things.
Foremost and fortunate in this world are only those
whose reverence for Your lotus-feet is firm.
37. Hemambhoruhakarnika viharini twam shri rama nirmala
twam lokeshvaravanditanghrikamala sakshatsvayam sharada.
Adya twam jagadishvari shrutinuta maya manoharini
tyaktva te charanaravindasharanam kam mrityugrasam bhaje.
37. Residing on the golden blossom of the lotus,
You verily are Lakshmi pure and lovely.
You are Sharada Yourself, Goddess of Wisdom
whose lotus-feet the lords of the three worlds revere.
You are the Great Creative Captivating Power
whose praise is sung by all the Vedas.
Abandoning the shelter of Your lotus-feet,
whom shall praise who is himself a prey to death?
38. Nana bhogaganananantavibhavan bhuktva bhave bhurishah
triptim naiva gatosmi devi hridaye bhuyastrishapiditah.
Dhyatva te charanambujam swahridaye santriptidanekshamam
mataste sharanangatosmi varade sarveshwari pahi mam.
38. Enjoying all the various excitements
and countless pleasures over and over again,
still I find no trace of satisfaction.
Reflecting on Your lotus-feet deep in my heart,
Your lotus-feet is only able to bestow contentment.
Mother, I have come to seek Your shelter.
O Queen of All, grant me the boon of Your refuge!
39. Prabhvi twam shirasi sthita tadapi kim sevevamanam kshitau
chittam me trishitam kripamritakanam twattonisham yachate.
Bhutva swati samutthavaridaghata-ananda-sindhudbhava
twam matah karunakanam vitara me santriptidane kshamam.
39. If You rest always on my head Almighty Mother,
why can't my life be free from insult on this earth?
I'm begging ceaselessly with thirsty heart
for even a drop of Your merciful elixir.
Become the star Arcturus and amass
dark rain clouds from the ocean of bliss;
bring a downpour of compassion.
Shower on me the rains of deep contentment.
40. Lakshmi twam sadaya kripamritavaha danishwari dainyaha
yatayachakatam surastavapurah samyachya bhiksham sakrit.
Twam nityam dravase dayaparavasha dine dayakarini matardevi dayamayi kuru kripavrishtim sudhasyandinim.
40. You are the ever-flowing Source of Grace and of Abundance,
Lakshmi, Remover of all Poverty.
Just once the Gods appeared before You, begging;
thereafter nevermore they had to beg.
You melt with mercy, conquered by compassion,
and are always benefitting the poor.
O Mother, Full of Mercy, let it rain
and shower the nectar of Your Grace on us.
41. Tyaktwa gaurava-gandha-andha badhiran dine daya tavaki
karunyam tava vishrutam tribhuvane rajeshwari sarvatah.
Ye te droharatapi papinivahah sarve twaya satkritah
dine hinajane kripavati kripavrittih katham vismrita.
41. Omitting those who are blind and deaf with self-importance,
You are moved to pity by the poor, Almighty Queen!
Throughout the Universe Your mercy is renowned.
Even those multitudes of ill-willed sinners
who hated You, You have transformed.
So why have You forgotten, merciful Mother,
this poor, wretched destitute of Yours?
42. Ratnaniva maharnavasya ganitum swapnepi no parayet
suryasya pratibham kadapi sukavirnaiva kshamo varnitum.
Ittham te gunagauravanvita yashogatham paranandadam
shaktah kotrabhave trilokajanani sarvatmana varnitum.
42. No one can even dream to count
the jewels at the bottom of the ocean
and even a gifted poet can't describe
the brilliant splendor of the sun.
In this way, bliss-bestowing Mother of the Universe,
who in this world is able
to tell the tale of Your Magnificence and Glory?
43. Tam twam chintaya nirbhayam swahridaye sarvapadam shaminim
chaitanyamritachandrakanti vishadacchayam sudhasyandinim.
Karunyannijabhaktavatsalataya driggocharam swaminim
anandamritavahinimaghaharam gangam jagatpavanim.
43. Always remember Her with fearless heart
who takes away from you all troubles
and pours on you the elixir of Pure Awareness
as clear, as bright, and cooling as the moon.
Out of affectionate love for those who love You
You give Your Holy Vision to their eye.
You bring forth a blissful stream of nectar
which like the Holy Ganga
cleanses the world of all its sins.
44. Hairakhandaviharisadgurukripadharam mahendram prabhum
shishyam sadgurushankarasya dayitam bhakteshtasiddhipradam.
Shricharanashrayamashritam mama gurum matarmanag bodhaya
vanivasya kripakatakshavashaga lakshmih swayam mam bhajet.
44. The Grace of the Supreme Master, Reveler of Hairakhan,
is always with you, O Mighty Sri Mahendra.
You are Sat Guru Shankara's beloved disciple
who grants to his devotee the desired boons.
You have achieved the shelter of Shri Baba Hairakhan and are my Guru.
O Mother move his heart, make him remember me,
moved by his glance has blessed me since.
Sri Mahalakshmi too may bless me, thus fulfilling my desires.
45. Akarnya vinayam mata, pratyaksha charuhasini.
Simhapithasthita devi, uvacha vachanam shiva.
45. Appearing on Her tiger, with a cheerful smile,
Mother Shiva responded to the prayers:
46. Prasannaham suraganah yogishah siddhapungavah.
Abhishtasiddhida durga yushmakam vanchitaprada.
46. I'm pleased with your assembled gods and yogis,
perfected sages and enlightened masters.
I am Durga, granting all divine perfections.
May all your cherished wishes be fulfilled!
47. Aham danishwari devah, prasanna vah purahsthita.
Purayishye kshanadeva, yadbhavatam manasipsitam.
47. I am the Supreme Giver, Queen of Gods and I am pleased
so I am standing now in front of you
to grant you in a single instant
the deepest wish you harbor in your heart.
48. Hairakhandeshwaristotram sarvasiddhipradayakam.
Asya shravanamatrena, sarvada vashavartini.
48. This hymn of Hairakhandeshwari
bestows on human beings complete attainment.
Even the mere listening to it
obliges Me to those who listen.
49. Paraham yoginam shaktirhairakhandaviharini.
Parameshthi gurorvidya sarvaishvaryasamanvita.
49. I am the Highest Power of the yogis
taking delight at Hairakhan.
I am the Supreme Master's Wisdom
endowed with all Divine Dominion.
50. Hairakhandeshwari durga yogigamya sudurlabha.
"Shricharanashritasyaiva" tapasa sulabhabhavat.
50. I'm Hairakhandeshwari Durga,
even for yogis difficult to attain.
Only the penance of Shri Charanashrita*
has rendered Me most easy to attain.
*For more information on Mahendra Maharaj, Shri Charanashrita,
see the book "I am Harmony" by Radhe Shyam.
51. Aham shaktih para loke sarvaishvaryapradayini.
Ashutosha mahavidya, paramesthi gurordaya.
51. I am the Highest Power in the Universe.
I am the Ultimate Giver of Abundance.
Easy to please, I am the Supreme Wisdom,
the Supreme Master's Mercy. This is who I am!
52. Ashritashrayayoraikyam, jnatva ye bhaktipurvakam.
Stuvanti namabhirdivyaistesham sarvavaraprada.
52. Those who have realized that Sri Mahendra
and Hairakhandi Maharaj are One
and praise My Holy Names with pure devotion,
to those I vouchsave all the boons.
53. Mattah sarvanarah kshipram prapnoti hridayasthitam.
Shrisadgurukripadhinam, rahasyam me sudurlabham.
53. From Me all humans soon receive
fulfillment of their heart's desire.
Unfathomable is My Mystery and it depends alone
on the Grace of the Most High.
54. Putran yashah shriyam, vidyam dharam dhanyam kulonnatim.
Prasadasumukhi sadyo, vitarami na samshayah.
54. I'm pleased and thus I grant without delay
offspring, knowledge, wealth, and fame,
land, continuity of line and grain,
of this, there is no trace of doubt.
55. Matprasadatsukham lakshmim, vidyam kirtim balam vayah.
Arogyam putrapautramshcha, patnim hridayavallabham.
55. Out of My Grace flows happiness,
wealth, knowledge, fame, and strength,
offspring, grandchildren, health, long life
and dear to your heart, a loving spouse.
56. Prapsyanti vividhankaman, suranamapi durlabhan.
Bhuktim muktim viraktim cha, rajyam koshasamanvitam.
56. I will bestow on you the various pleasures
which even for the gods are arduous to obtain.
Enjoyments, liberation, and dispassion,
kingdoms with all their treasures you will gain!
57. Sarvabadhaprashamanam, shatrunam darpakhandanam.
Maranocchatanam chaiva, matprasadat bhavishyati.
57. For you I will remove all obstacles;
the enemies, pride, I will destroy.
I will also smash their arrogance
and I'll bestow all happiness on you.
58. Aham prasanna varada, sarveshamartinashini.
Sharanagatasantranavratam priyatamam mama.
58. I'm pleased with you and give My Word
to ease the grief of each.
My dearest vow is to protect
all those who seek My shelter.
59. Dhanadhanyasamriddhim cha, smrita dasyami tatkshanat.
Maya sampuritam chaitat, jagatsarvam characharam.
59. Those who remember Me with love,
I bless at once with wealth and all abundance.
I am The One who fills this Universe
with all insentient and sentient beings.
60. Hairakhandeshwari devi, smaranatsarvasiddhida.
Mama namajapenaiva, sarvasiddhirbhavishyati.
60. I am Hairakhandeshwari.
Always remember Me.
Always repeat My Name
and I will grant success to you.
61. Guhaviharinim divyam, murtim dhyayanti ye narah.
Tesham sarvapado bhikshnam nashayami pade pade.
61. For those who remember
My Divine Form in the cave,
I clear all obstacles away.
Step by step I will keep them safe.
62. Hairakhandeshwaristotram, siddhamantropamam dhruvam.
Ityuktva susmita devi, tatraivantardadhe kshanat.
62. These Hymns of Hairakhandeshwari
are perfect, Everlasting Holy Words.
Thus spoken, our Mother smiled
and in an instant, disappeared.
om tat sat
OM this truth
om shanti, shanti, shanti
Om peace, peace, peace
Painting by Paolo Polli.
SRI MAHABHAIRAVA STOTRA
Om namah shivay. Om shri bhairavaya namah
Om kara kalita kapalah kundali dandapanih.
taruna timira nilah vyala yajnopaviti.
Kratu samaya saparya vighna viccheda hetuh
jayati vatuka nathah siddhidah sadhakanam.
Om, in one hand He is holding a skull,
in the other a staff and He is wearing earrings.
His body is deep dark blue and He is wearing
snakes as sacred thread.
At the time of havan He is the remover
of all obstacles.
Victory of Lord Batuka, giver of siddhis
(spiritual powers) to the disciples.
1. Bhairavo bhutanathashcha bhutatma bhutabhavanah.
Kshaitrajnah kshetrapalashcha kshetradah kshatriyo virat.
Bhairav, the Lord of living beings, the soul
of all beings, merciful to all living beings.
The knower, the giver, and the protector
of the world, the protector, the supreme.
2. Shmashanavasi mamsashi kharparashi smarantakrit.
Raktapah panapah siddhah siddhidah siddha sevitah.
He is living in cremation grounds,
eating flesh and eating in human skulls,
He is a drinker of blood and wine,
a siddha (perfected being), giver of siddhis
(spiritual powers) and He is sewed by siddhas.
3. Kankalah kalashamanah kalakashthatanuh kavih.
Trinetro bahunetrashcha tatha pingala lochanah.
He is like a skeleton, victorious over time,
all the directions of space are His body
and He is a poet.
He has 3 eyes, many eyes, and His eyes are yellow.
4. Shulapanih khadgapanih kankali dhumralochanah.
Abhiruh bhairavinatho bhutapo yoginipatih.
He is holding a trident, a sword,
He is like a skeleton and has smoky eyes.
He is fearless, the Lord of the Bhairavis,
the protector of the living beings and
the Lord of the yoginis.
5. Bhanado dhanaharicha dhanavan pratibhanavan.
Nagaharo nagapasho vyomokeshah kapalabhrit.
He is the giver of the riches and the one
who takes them away. He is richest and is very intelligent.
He is wearing a neckless of snakes and has
also weapons made of snakes.
His hair is like the sky and He is holding a skull.
6. Kalah kapalamalicha kamaniyah kalanidhih.
Trilocano jvalannetras trishikhi cha trilokapah.
He is like death itself, holding skulls,
beautiful and master of the arts.
He has three eyes burning like three flames
of fire and He is the protector of the three worlds.
7. Trinetratanayo dimbhah shantah shantajanapriyah.
Batuko bahuveshashcha khatvangavaradharakah.
The is the son of Shiva's third eye.
He is like a cosmic womb, peaceful.
He is like a boy and has also many other forms.
He has a beautiful weapon in one hand.
8. Bhutadhyakshah pashupatirbhikshukah paricharakah.
Dhurto digambarah shuro harinah pandulochanah.
He is the lord of living beings,
the lord of animals,
a beggar and a servant.
He is naked like the sky,
cunning, brave, sharp, with yellow eyes.
9. Prashantah shantidah siddhah shankara-priyabandhavah.
He is peaceful, giver of peace, perfect,
Shiva's dear brother.
He has eight forms and He is the Lord of wealth.
He has the eye of knowledge and is the form of penance.
10. Ashtadharah sadadharah sarpayuktah shikhisakhah.
Bhudharo bhudharadhisho bhupatirbhudharatmajah.
He is representing eight aspects and six basic emotions,
he is adorned with snakes and He is
the friend of Lord Kartikeya. He is sustainer
of the earth, the Lord of the earth and of the
mountains, and the son of the Goddess Parvati.
11. Kankaladhari mundi cha naga yajnopavitavan.
Jrimbhano mohanastambhi marana kshobhanastatha.
He is holding human skulls and wearing a mala
of human heads and snakes as His sacred thread.
He is making people unconscious, attracting and
then paralyzing them, killing and shaking people.
12. Shuddhonilanjana prakhyo daityaha mundabhushitah.
He is of a pure, blue color, and he Is adorned
with the cut heads of demons.
He is the Lord of sacrifices and their eater.
He is a young boy, but a powerful fighter.
13. Sarvapattarano durgo dushtabhuta nishevitah.
Kami kalanidhih kantah kaminivashakridvashi.
He is the remover of calamities, difficult to
reach, evil spirits are serving Him.
He is attractive and beautiful, master of the arts,
he is attracting women, but He is self-controlled.
14. Jagadrakshkaro ananto maya mantraushadhimayah.
Sarvasiddhiprado vaidyah prabhurvishnu ritivahi.
He is protector of the world,
Unlimited, maya, He is the mantras and the healing power,
He is the giver of siddhis (spiritual powers),
He is a doctor and He is like Lord Vishnu.
15. Ashtottarashatam namnam bhairavasya mahatmanah.
Mayate kathitam devi rahasyam sarvakamadam.
These 108 stotras (verses) of names of the great Bhairav,
oh Goddess, are mysterious and fulfilling all desires.
16. Ya-idam pathate stotram namashtashatamuttamam.
Na tasya duritam kinchinna cha bhutabhayam tatha.
Whoever repeats these verses of 108 names
will not be touched by any sin and will not
be frightened by ghosts.
17. Na cha maribhayam tasya graha rajabhayam tatha.
Na shatrubhyo bhayam kinchit prapnuyanmanavah kvachit.
Diseases will not affect them, bad planets will not
have any influence on them and they will not be
affected by bad governments.
They will not be frightened by enemies or harmed
by any human beings.
18. Patakanam bhayamnaiva ya pathet stotram uttamam.
Sarvasiddhi mavapnoti, namashta shata kirtanat.
Om bam batukaya apaduddharanaya
kuru kuru batukaya bam om namah shivaya.
No sins can touch the one who reads these special verses.
By repeating these 108 names, all spiritual powers are attained.
Om bam Batuk, save us please from all difficulties,
bam Batuk, I bow to Lord Shiva.